Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Commission News


Thought I would wrap this all up into one news post for today. I have updated my Commissions Info page with examples of each level of painting service that I offer. Hopefully this will give people a better idea of what they can expect, but remember, nothing is concrete, I can always do something completely different if you want.



In other commission news I finished this guy today.




You may notice that it is the same guy as this dude,

Luckily my client realised as well and decided to have me paint him differently so I wouldn't repeat myself. We tossed around a few ideas and settled on Night Elf or Dark Elf. I tried to stick to just blacks and purples as much as I could using the white/ivory sparingly. I basically copied the scheme I used for my Night Elf thief model,


I like the more heavily armoured look I got by painting the leather armor as metal. I feel it adds more to the model where as black leather would have just blended in. We also decided on making the arrow look magical by having it glow. Unfortunately the arrow head was to far away from the rest of the model to really cast a glow so that's where the bush comes into play. 

Ultimately I feel like I took the same model and completely changed the tone and feeling of it be simply switching some colors, looks much more sinister, don't you think?

The few things I would do differently would be the hair and skin. White hair is hard to do without lavishing a ton of time on it, which I could not and I kind of like the skin tone on the female elf better. I think I added more blue into the recipe where as I used a straight Shadow Grey/Dwarf Flesh mix for this fella. It does make him look angrier though, so who knows. Let me know what you think.

As always, be sure to vote for him on CMoN here.

Tyler M.

No comments:

Post a Comment