Thursday, February 23, 2012

Son of Sangunius


I recently finished up work on a commission for a Flesh Tearer character. This guy was pretty fun to paint, I had to follow a guide laid out on From The Warp as he had already painted some marines for the same client.

Despite this I still had a little bit of wiggle room with what I wanted to do. The most interesting part of this for me was the axe. He didn't want the typical lightning power weapons I paint but instead a metallic weapon with a glow coming from the power node, I think it turned out pretty well.




He's also supposed to be a veteran hence the gold helmet. The way of painting him originally came from the GW guide for Flesh Tearers and I have to say, quick, efficient and looks great!

As always be sure to vote for him on CMoN here.

Stay tuned for some sneak peaks of the big commission I am working on, its going to be a long process but should be really cool in the end, maybe even Golden Demon worthy.

Tyler M.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent work man, love the OSL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work as always!
    Have to completely agree with Warflake, the OSL is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've done a great job. The technique is fast like you say and the results are nice too.
    Well don.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler,
    Thanks for the idea on the power axe - I tried it on my librarian's force axe and really like the result, here are some pics:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Q_WF5I9I_R8/UPBnatp4S3I/AAAAAAAAA8Q/HbHeJ-D4UYI/s767/LibF1.JPG
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-LcvwjFC54ts/UPBna117hnI/AAAAAAAAA8U/ceXZQLckoIg/s767/LibL1.JPG

    ReplyDelete