Sunday, April 15, 2012

FIRE!


Finished up this commission today. It is always interesting when I get to work on something out of the norm like this guy. He's a Tailman miniature and was quite interesting. It wasn't as well defined as most other gaming miniatures but nothing to bad and a lot of fun to paint. As soon as I saw that I was going to get to paint up a guy with a fireball my mind started ticking with ideas for the glow.


I used a few of the new paints on him, mostly the glazes. The fireball was painted white and then glazed twice with yellow to get a good base. I then used Golden Yellow, Blazing Orange and Blood Red to paint the flames followed by a glaze of yellow to tie them all together. I also painted some white into the deepest parts to make them appear the hottest. The glow was done with a 50/50 mix of orange and yellow followed by yellow on the more prominent parts. I then used the glaze again to try and tie it all together. Really these things are great for any yellow, red, green or blue areas. The base was painted to match another model the client gave me.





As always be sure to vote for him on CMoN here.

More commission goodness coming up and I'm trying to put together a video tutorial as well.

Tyler M.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work and as you say, very interesting miniature, vote cast ;)

    ReplyDelete